Monday, March 26, 2012

Update

So, I obviously haven't blogged in WAY too long. I have been so goal oriented lately that I need to set a goal to help me keep this going. I think I'll try right now for 2-3 times a week of checking in on here. It will probably make me feel better and keep the few followers I have up-to-date. Well, as of my last appointment, I had lost 99.2 pounds. I was SO hoping for 100 pounds. I was convinced I wouldn't hit it because I needed to lose 5 pounds in one week. I haven't had a 5 pound week for quite some time. So, when I got within 0.8 pounds of my goal, I was devistated. As soon as I weighed and got into the room to wait for the nurse, I started crying. Poor Jill. She didn't know what to think when she came in. She was excited I had lost 4.2 in a week, and she couldn't understand why I was crying. I felt deflated for coming so close yet not quite getting there. Needless to say, I've gained some perspective since last week. I Feel better about where I was, and I know I'm past that 100 pound mark now. I haven't weighed...I have no proof...but I have to be there. I'll find out for sure tomorrow. As for my fitness goals, I am zooming right along with my Couch to 5K. I am past week 9, so I run three-four times a week for at least 30 minutes. Yesterday, I decided to run 3 miles, regardless of how long it took me. I did it, and it took me about 40 minutes. I sure don't run fast, but I'm getting it done. Today I did 2.25 miles in my 30 minutes. I am currently registered for 3 races...a 2 mile on April 7th (Easter Sun Run), a 5K on May 12th (Girls on the Run), and a 5K on July 1st (Color Run). I'm excited for all of them even though I have no idea what to expect. I wish I could say the rest of my fitness goals have been going as well. I SUCK on getting out into the garage to do weights. I was doing really well, but I haven't been out there in a few weeks. I decided last week to do 15-20 minutes on our exercise bike each day. I have only done that twice. Why isn't the rest of it coming as easily as the running? So, I'm proud of how far I've come, but I do get overwhelmed when thinking of how far I still have to go. I'd like to be under 200 pounds by Memorial Day. I can't even believe I just typed that because my weight has never been something I would say out loud (or even think of actually). I know I can hit that mark. I have about 64 more pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. I have no idea if that will be my final total or not. I never weighed myself growing up, so I don't know what I weighed at different times in my life. Well, friends, keep following my progress. Your support means everything to me and gets me through my more difficult days. :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I've been reading your FB posts since you started Couch to 5k in January with T and your mom, but I had no idea about the program you're a part of, or about your blog. Glad you posted to FB because, seriously Erin, what you have done for yourself and your health is TRULY AMAZING and I will definitely be following your blog and offering kudos all along the way. WTG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work... I will be stalking this so keep it up...
    WOW 3 races... who would have thought that this time last year?

    ReplyDelete